Report all spills immediately to Public Safety by calling 911 or 785-532-6412.
All emergency operations shall be conducted in accordance with the following 10-step incident management procedure:
- Isolate area/deny entry
- Identify material(s)
- Evaluate hazards and risks
- Choose protective clothing/equipment
- Coordinate information/resources
- Control and confine product/material
- Clean up spilled product
- Return area to service
- Terminate (debrief/document/critique)
All hazardous material responses are considered high risk until confirmed otherwise.
Chemical spills are divided into three categories:
|Category||Spill Size||Spill Responder|
|Small||Personnel who caused the spill, or by safety personnel designated within that department|