Company of the Year
Honorees of Company of the Year demonstrate engagement with the Carl R. Ice College of Engineering in the following ways:
- Direct support for scholarships
- Faculty support/faculty chairs
- Hiring of K-State engineering students
- Research support
- Other areas of involvement - advisory council service, team sponsorship, etc.
The Company of the Year, established in 1974, is selected annually with the distinction awarded based on exhibited commitment to engineering education, as well as high standards and quality performance in the engineering profession.
2022 Company of the Year — Great Plains Manufacturing
Since 1976, Great Plains Manufacturing Inc. has been passionate about innovation and manufacturing high-quality products to delight its customers. A Kubota subsidiary, Great Plains Manufacturing remains committed to investing in state-of-the-art technology and talented people to design, engineer and produce cutting-edge products sold worldwide.
Today, Great Plains Manufacturing has more than 2,000 employees and offers many opportunities for growth within its divisions:
- Great Plains Ag: Designs and manufactures seeding and tillage equipment for the agriculture industry
- Land Pride: Designs and manufactures grounds maintenance and landscaping implements and Kubota-branded attachments
- CE: Designs and manufactures powered construction equipment under the Kubota brand